Alabare A Mi Senor

Alabare A Mi Senor: I Will Worship My Savior

Nothing but love...

Pamela



Monday, April 19, 2010

Living Wholeheartedly

What does “wholehearted” mean to you?


I grew up in an exciting, lively, joyful Christian missionary home in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. My mother and father are loving, generous, Godly individuals. They are living proof that Jesus lives within the hearts of men--and women! From a very early age, I acquired the talent of “blending” and behaving appropriately, and consequently became the consummate performer. Some would see that as a talent…not me. It was survival. And, I knew how to “behave,” I just didn’t know how to “feel”. My heart was never in “it”, whatever “it” was. I was simply too busy trying to blend--blending was very important!

Throughout the years, lack of introspection and reflection on my part--merely surviving and staying busy, led me down a road I would not wish on any other. Instead of a committed relationship with my Savior and Lord, I became more involved in a world that took me far away from my richly culture childhood. From one hurt to another, temporary indulgences, disposable feelings—I never experienced a committed relationship to my Savior. You know why? Because my heart was not in it. My heart wasn’t “whole”.

My heart was broken and in bondage by alcoholism, relationship toggling, bouts of depression, isolation, and abandonement issues. I couldn’t give my heart wholly to God, because my heart was shattered and numb from bad usage. I knew the words to say, I just didn’t allow myself to feel the words. I knew how to comfort others; I just didn’t know how to allow God to heal me.

It was a very painful journey, I will not lie. My eyes were opened to things I did not want to see. I didn’t like me very much. I still struggle with that. But I discovered the meaning of Wholehearted in 2008, because God healed my heart.

See, I believe that if you have a broken heart, you can’t do anything whole-heartedly. Wholehearted commitment is not an obligation; it is a privilege and an invitation to connect with our Lord through Jesus Christ. If you are truly committed to your church, your choir, your Sunday School class, your community—you are whole-heartedly committed, because you want and desperately need to nurture your relationship with the Father.

Now, daily, I remember where and how I was. I’ll never forget how He made my heart whole.

“Oh Lord, I want to serve you with all my heart…with all of my whole, healthy heart. I know where I was, I know where you’ve brought me. Thank you for your grace. Thank you for your love. Thank you for saving me and bringing me to you Lord. My deepest desire is to serve you and know you Lord. I am committed to you Lord, whole-heartedly.”

Becoming wholeheartedly committed to your life with the Father is the most liberating experience you’ll ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment