Alabare A Mi Senor

Alabare A Mi Senor: I Will Worship My Savior

Nothing but love...

Pamela



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Notes for the Distracted

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8.

   I confess. I am an easy target for the enemy. Sometimes I think I must have an enormous bull’s eye painted on my forehead.
   The enemy is fully aware of how my mind works, and offers constant distraction to my wholehearted commitment to what is true, noble, and lovely.
   That is why I am a chronic note-taker. Ideas come to me in small sparks of enlightenment and I must write them down at that precise moment or “poof!” they are gone forever.
   Then, when feeling reflective, I simply empty my Bible, pocketbooks, jeans pockets, glove compartment, and desk drawers of my bits of paper containing randomly scribbled moments of epiphany, then translate my notes into something that will stick with me for awhile…keep me committed to the Father.
   Let’s be honest--we’re all easy targets. Somewhere along the line, we’ve lost, or never acquired, the emotional resiliency God commands of us. We’ve misplaced the ability to check negative thoughts against actual facts. The enemy knows this and creates in our minds common harmful distortions: “I can’t believe I’m so stupid!” or “Ugh, I HATE me.” Or “Why is he so mean?” And before you know it, your commitment to the Father’s way begins to slip.
   He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. Psalm 23:2
   According to my random notes, it’s a simple and liveable theory. Replace negative thoughts which are distorted, into positive reality God-based patterns. And when we’re struggling, cry to Jesus as the desperate father did:
  Right away the boy's father cried out, "I do believe! Help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24.
   The Apostle Paul was a chronic letter writer. This is what he says: I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4: 12, 13
   Now, those are some notes to live by.


1 comment:

  1. Hola hermana :)
    I am really enjoying reading your thoughts.
    This is encouraging to my soul.

    Thank you for being you :)
    Love and miss you
    giovanna

    ReplyDelete